Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Bedtime

Bedtime is one of my favorite times of day. Brayden and I come upstairs, I lay him in the middle of our king size bed, snuggle up close and give him a warm bottle. I stroke his precious little head, moving the hair back off of his perfect forehead. He usually grabs a piece of my shirt and rubs it back and forth between his little fingers, he's done this since he was a newborn. I recount the day in my head as I stare at him and think of how amazing he is and how blessed I am to have him in my life. As we lay snuggled together, after the bottle is long gone, I pray. And pray some more. I pray that God will protect him, keep him healthy, watch over him, and help him to grow up to be big and strong. I put him in God's loving hands and tell Him that Brayden is all His. And most importantly, I pray with all of my heart that Brayden will be a Godly man. I pray that he will have a heart for Jesus and that he will be the most amazing Godly man I will ever know. I have tears streaming down my face as I write this because this is more important to me than anything in the world. I know that my husband and I are going to heaven, and my most sacred prayer is that our precious child will be there with us.


"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." 3 John 1:4



No comments:

Post a Comment