Friday, August 7, 2009

7 Months


I can't believe that Bray is 7 months old - it went by so fast!!! He's finally doing great with food and eating, he's so curious and eager to eat. He's sitting up mostly by himself and somehow got into a sitting position all by himself the other day! I was at work and Ryan was home with Bray. Ryan said he walked into the kitchen (our downstairs is very open) and Bray was on his belly but when he turned around, he was sitting up! Ryan has no idea how he did it, but he did! So Ryan said to Bray "how'd you do that Brayden?" and Bray looked up at him, smiled, and fell backwards and hit his head :) He hasn't done it since. And he's finally getting his first tooth! It's his bottom left and it's so funny to watch him rub it with his tongue - he makes some of the funniest faces! He's probably wondering what in the world is going on down there! He hasn't been very fussy with it - Ryan I were just discussing how truly blessed we are, he really is the perfect baby. He still isn't crawling, but he will in his own time. Yesterday he sure was trying - I was on the floor with him and he was on his belly just squealing and he'd go up on his toes and then back down and he was moving his arms and legs and then he'd roll over and back and forth! I kept saying "come get me" and he'd just laugh and squeal - he was trying so hard to get to me :) It was SO cute but of course the video camera was upstairs. Oh I just love being his mommy! He has been showing some attachment issues lately though, like yesterday he was playing on the floor while I was doing house work and he was ok until he would see me and then he would whine. So I'd go over there and tell him he was ok and give him a little attention and then he'd be fine again... until he saw me - stupid house work, I'd much rather be on the floor with him all day! But everything is going well, he's getting bigger each day and becoming more and more curious and interactive. Sorry it's been a bit since I've posted, it just seems like the summers are so busy. We did go see Grandma & Grandpa Benefiel last weekend and that was fun. They haven't seen Bray since May so you can imagine how much he's changed to them! My brothers are both graduated and going off to college so we wanted to see them before they left. I attached a picture that Grandma McHone took and I just can't get over what a big boy he's becoming - he looks so grown up it it! I'll try to make my next post sooner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment