Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Sweet potatoes







On Sunday we gave Brayden baby food for the first time! We've been giving him cereal for over a month but since he was six months we made the shift to baby food. We are going to make our own so we went to the store and bought sweet potatoes, steamed them, pureed them and froze them for our little Bray... but he sure didn't like them!!! He was doing everything he could to get away from us - he was turning his head and arching his back trying to get out of the seat - doing what he could to get away! It was the funniest thing!!! And he was making the funniest faces we've ever seen!!! I tasted them and I thought they were good, but he sure didn't think so! We tried everything, we added breast milk, thinned them way out, we added cereal - but he didn't care! It was SO funny!!! I'm home today so I'm going to try something else like peas or green beans to see if he likes them - I'll keep ya posted ;)

3 comments:

  1. Even at that young age, children sure do know how to communicate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you try putting brown sugar and butter int eh sweet potatoes???

    ReplyDelete
  3. His sweet little face is priceless in these pictures! Love it!
    Keep trying - he'll find something he likes. I'm surprised he didn't like the sweet potatoes since they have a mild flavor with natural sweetness. Our Stephen was vehmently opposed to green beans when he was a baby and still despises them to this day! I did all the yellow veggies first, then switched to the green ones (then beets, etc). I kept him on one veggie for 3 days before switching to a new one to make sure there were no allergic reactions and to get a feel of what his "thoughts" were on each one. (I recorded these notes in his baby book - yes, I was THAT mom!) As you can tell, he's a marvelous eater now, as a grown up.
    Brayden will find his favs - keep up the good work! WTG on making your own veggies! So much healthier for the little guy!

    ReplyDelete